Our Maritime experts have acquired and developed exceptional skills and knowledge in the field of shipping law and practice. They have a sound approach and understanding of how this niche practice of law operates across all spectrums of dry shipping, admiralty matters, logistics operations, transactional activities, and arbitrations.
Dry shipping includes:
- International sales contract disputes – letter of credit/documentary credit, FOB, and CIF contracts
- Charter party disputes – lay time, demurrage, arbitration clauses; safe port; seaworthiness; notice of readiness; breach of warranty; the ‘deemed earned’ clause on freight in a voyage charter; ‘off-hire’ events in a time charter
- Bill of lading disputes – delivery without production of the bill of lading; ‘through’ bill of lading
- Cargo claims
- Marine insurance claims
- Shipbuilding contract disputes
- Ship repair disputes
- Arrest of vessels
- Arbitration in emerging countries and London.
- General average
- Marine pollution